When shopping for new cabinet styles for your home, you’ll quickly realize that there are a wide variety of options to choose from. While this is sure to make the process enjoyable for you and your family, it will make it just as difficult. If you’re looking for help in the Sarasota area, Resurface FL has the experience to make your project a success — no matter how big or small.
Which Cabinet Styles Fit Your Needs?
Let’s not underestimate things here. Your cabinets are going to be the first thing people notice when they step in your kitchen. You might not realize it at first, but there are a lot of different styles and all of them can make your kitchen cabinet refacing project look beautiful.
Here’s a list of the most popular kitchen cabinet designs available:
- Thermofoil – An inexpensive imitation wood molded from fiberboard, covered in plastic, and heated. They are easy to take care of and good with moisture, but won’t withstand heat very well.
- Distressed – These cabinets will offer a more antique look due to distressing techniques
- Flat-Panel – If you’re looking for a minimalistic and simple design, flat-panel cabinets are sleek and inexpensive. They don’t require frames and feature slabs of wood instead.
- Shaker – These are the most common styles of cabinets. They do feature a frame with a wooden center panel. It’s a classic look that won’t cost much.
- Beadboard – These make for great country-style cabinets. They feature vertical planks and ridges separating them, but are difficult to maintain.
- Inset – An inset cabinet will be one of the more expensive options, but is a timeless look. Instead of having the door outside of the frame, these are set on the inside.
- Louvered – Where beadboard cabinets feature vertical planks, louvered cabinets feature horizontal slats. They will look a lot like shutters, for those into that style.
- Custom – If you’re having a tough time finding the right cabinet, you can always get a custom one. It will cost you much more, but it will be worth it.
When you find the right cabinet style to fit your needs and wants, you’ll forever love the feeling of stepping into your kitchen.
Do Your Cabinets Match Everything Else?
Something a lot of people forget to take into account during the planning stage is making sure your cabinets match the rest of your kitchen. If you don’t plan on replacing your sink, counters, flooring, or paint, then you’ll have to work your design around them.
Likewise, opening your budget to allow for these replacements can give you more leeway throughout your kitchen cabinet refacing project.
Experienced Professionals Can Help!
Many of us will know what we want for our kitchen, but won’t necessarily know what’s possible. Having an experienced team of professionals guiding you along the way will ensure no stone is left unturned.
Resurface FL will not only help you find the right cabinet styles for your kitchen, but they are locally owned in Sarasota and ready to help build the kitchen of your dreams. If you’re looking for professional help with your project, contact us today for a consultation.