Now that the new year has come, it’s time to celebrate by refreshing all the components of our daily lives. One of the best places to begin is by revamping our most personal spaces, or the spaces that we spend the most time in. Think about how much time you spend in your kitchen, and how important it is as the hearth of your home. Even though following trends can often be a fleeting pursuit, in the realm of kitchen design they can be a great start and outlast their time in the spotlight. Whether it’s millwork or backsplashes, color palettes or design styles, the top designers have many things to say about the kitchen trends that open 2020. Read on to learn more about kitchen design trends in 2020, and how cabinet refacing can be a great way to revamp your cabinets for a brand new look while avoiding breaking the bank! Call Resurface FL in Brandenton today to learn more about refacing your cabinets and bathtubs in the new year!
Designer-Approved Kitchen Design Trends Of 2020
There are many different design trends in 2020, and here Resurface FL has compiled some designer suggestions for how you may want to refresh your kitchen. Read on to learn more about the top designer trends for your kitchen this year, including cabinet refacing to give your cabinets a new look!
- Navy Millwork- Ariel Okin of Ariel Okin Interiors recommend that while they love a classic white kitchen, they also have been seeing a lot of requests for navy millwork such as what they did in the Goop offices in NY. “It blends beautifully with marble and brass,” Okin notes.
- Slab backsplash- Baily Austin of Bailey Austin design notes in an interview with Elle Decor that “A slab backsplash is so clean, yet adds the right amount of drama to a kitchen.”
- Colorful Kitchen Tile- A backsplash can be a fantastic way to pop a bit of color into a kitchen design without having to do a full kitchen renovation. While white kitchens are going to remain a classic forever, people are starting to take more and more risks with color and design, especially in 2020.
- Double Islands- Expanding a kitchen’s function and maintaining traffic flow, double islands in the kitchen are an integral addition going into 2020. It’s a highly efficient way to divide the area between meal preparation and serving or gathering. If you choose to add dual sinks, cleaning up can be even easier!
Top Kitchen Trends 2020
- Steel Hoods- Janice Barta of Barta Interiors in an interview with Elle Decor notes that ““We think steel hoods are the new trend of 2020. We are noticing a surge in custom kitchen hoods that steer away from the boring stainless steel or basic painted wood. We have been implementing steel and plasterwork into our designs more and more and we are loving how these are becoming a focal point and conversation piece for our kitchens.”
- Unexpected Color Pops- Putting color in places where it’s more unexpected such as appliances and hoods can be a great way to incorporate color for a more festive feel and make a regular appliance feel special and unique.
- Gravity Defying Islands- A lot of people are looking to optimize the sense of clean, open space inside of apartment kitchens and are more drawn to gravity defying islands. These unique islands help to reveal more space in the kitchen and the functional elements become an extension of the architecture itself.
- Cabinet Refacing- If you’re thinking about remodeling your kitchen, consider refacing your cabinets! Without the cost or hassle of replacement, you will be able to give your kitchen a brand new look at a much lower price!
Contact Us Today
There are many kitchen trends to take note of in 2020, including cabinet refacing. Give your kitchen a brand new look without paying for new cabinets and call Resurface FL in Bradenton today!